Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Here we go again..

Personally, this year in music wasn't as exciting as past years, we had a lot of second albums (a lot of them weren't really good), we had a lot of comebacks too, and some great live shows. Don't get me wrong, I think it was a good year but I've definitely seen better ones. With all the DJ-ing I've been doing, I focused on remixes, on electrohouse and on the "french kiss" movement… very specific kind of music. All this has been keeping me away from other genres, and since there aren’t any new good bands out there (like two years ago), I want to introduce you to one I found a while ago.

You can say they sound like a lot of bands out there, but who doesn't at this point. I heard them and felt a little freshness to their music, so check them out. Their name is Foals. A five-piece, dance-punk band from Oxford who play a mix of indie with elements from techno and math rock. The band is signed with Transgressive Records. A full length album is due for release for the latter half of 2007, to be produced by Dave Sitek of TV on the Radio. Yannis was recently voted 45 in music magazine NMEs 2007 Cool List. Jack Bevan has recently been endorsed by SJC drums.

They have four singles out from their EP. They announced that the singles "Hummer" and "Mathletics" will not be in the full length album. Hope you like them, and keeping with tradition, here is one of their singles remixed by Passions. Enjoy!


RYDR.

No comments: