Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Loose Shus


I'm back with more of what we enjoy more in theneonrider, neon talent, new upcoming artists with fresh sounds for a change. This time it's turn for Loose Shus a San Francisco based "bedroom producer" as he calls himself, and his plans are to get out in the market ASAP. He is lately hearing a lot of the Valerie Collective, Glass Candy and also a lot of incidental music on out of print VHS. Other big influences are Goblin, Giorgio Moroder, Ennio Morricone, Daft Punk, etc.

Dave started producing music like 6 year ago and he started by cutting and pasting things in Cool Edit Pro, he was just starting and the tracks would be like 1000's of tiny little single drum hits and slice placed just manually along the timeline. And I'll quote Dave on this one, I found it interesting "The timing was all fucked up and the tracks sounded like shit, but they had way more heart than anything I've done since".

Let me tell you people that these two tracks that I'm going to leave you are far from being out of time, just single drums or whatever Loose Shus was making on the beginning, these two tracks are well excecuted and they totally go with theneonrider profile. First "Taurus" my personal favorite and then "Threesome", I'll let you be the judge but on these two, and if you dig them, don´t hesitate to hit 3rd Ward in Brooklyn on march 28th, Loose Shus will be there performing with Romanoff and Neon Coyote.

Loose Shus - Taurus


Loose Shus - Threesome

Enjoy!

3YO

No comments: