Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Adi Dassler


Adolf "Adi" Dassler, borned on November 3rd 1900 in Herzogenaurach, Germany and passed away on September 6th 1978 in the same town, was the founder of one of the most important and successful sportswear companies that we know, Adidas.

Three stripes, a consolidated icon for many generations including us, who hasn't had a pair of "Superstars" the item that masters of Rap music Run DMC made so popular in the 80s. I talk for myself when I say that Adidas in the fashion market is the best one and I think that a lot of people reading this post will agree with me, creating Y-3 with Yohji Yamamoto, doing the girls fashion line with Missy Elliot, the skate line that has been there for a long time and supported by Mark Gonzalez, bringin models from the past and reinventing them, I think i can just list a ton of examples that make Adidas a great brand but it just talks for itself.

After some history and my opinion, I´ll cut to the chase and finally present to you what got me talking about Adi in the first place. Is this great campaign from the guys of 180 Amsterdam Digital Studio, which as a 10 year celebration with their founding client Adidas, decided to make a tribute to the man that created all. 180 Amsterdam has also an office in LA and among their clients you can find Amstel, Omega, MTV, Motorola, Sony, BMW, etc. Check out this great animation directed by Stink’s Martin Krejci.

Enjoy!



3YO

No comments: