Sunday, January 27, 2008

Narctrax

Continuing on what we call the Neon Talent, Wayfarer already posted some material from our friend Narctrax, the Starlett Johansson Remix, and since in The Neon Rider we are all about quality and supporting upcomers, we decided to know a litte bit more about Narctrax and here is what he told us.

3YO: Name and where are you from?

N: Eddie Van Narc and I'm actually half japanese, grew up in NY, now I´m based in Japan but I've been going back and forth from NY to Tokyo all my life.

3YO: For how long have you been producing music?

N: We have been going on since January 2007, we are currently a 2 piece band, I play live with a guitarist, his name is Zsa and I basically compose and produce all the music. I have been djing for quite some time now, and it was an obvious step to eventually start making my own music and have a reason to play some live gigs and have some fun.

3YO: Plans for '08?

N: I'm currently busy working on remixes, but will stop that soon to continue working on some new material for 08. Narctrax is a band concept, this is the direction I want to take it. I don't wanna be just a remixer.

3YO: Your Influences?

N: Jean Michel Jarre, Alden Tyrel, Goblin, Elo, Blancmange, The Droids among others. Although I Love the old underground Italo Disco I don't want to remake that old stuff I want to experiment more with those 80's sounds to come up with something fresh and new...

3YO: Well, thanks for the info and the support

N: Hope this helps!

We want to thank Narctrax for all these and for the tracks he sent us. I'm leaving you some of his first stuff back in 06 and the last two are from last year but I'll bet that you won't stop listening to them, addictive stuff and believe me when I say high recomendation by theneonrider.

Enjoy!

Narctrax - Concorde
Narctrax - Journey
Narctrax - Knights of Faust

3YO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello! missed the trax! is there anybody out there who still have them? In love I am. /Erik wikstrom